C A N D L E C A R E
Soy Wax is a unique product, derived from soy bean oil, it is completely sustainable & bio degradable. Due to the nature of a natural wax, bumpy tops after burning are standard with soy. Once the candle has been lit and then extinguished, it will dry with a rough, uneven surface, or sometimes it will dry smooth as glass. Here are some tips and rules to go by when using Magnattude Co. products.
- Trim the wick to 1/4 inch each time the candle is lit. This helps prevent the flame from getting too large and helps your candle to last longer.
- The first-time burn is critical, and you should aim for 3 - 4 hours on this burn. This ensures the melt pool reaches the edge and prevents tunneling (where only the candle burns in the center).
- Do not burn the candle for more than 4 hours, as there is a risk it could get too hot.
- Extinguish & trim wick if smoking or a "mushroom" occurs
- Recommended to extinguish flame by dunking wick into wax using a wick dipper or similar
- Remove any debris/dust from wax before each use to avoid contamination
- Allow candle to cool & harden before relighting
- Never leave lit candle unattended & ensure candle is burning in a draft free environment
- Do not burn candle all the way to the base of vessel, leave 1-2 cm of wax to avoid breakages or other damage
If you have any candle care questions, please contact us directly email@example.com